Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 3.1 - Planting the new column

February 6, 2011

Just wanted to post some pictures of the plants that I put into my second window farm!

These seedlings were all started in 'seed starting mix' so I am washing the dirt out of the roots.
Out of a $4.99 pack of stevia seeds, this is what germinated. One decent seedling and one scrawny one.
Roots of the stevia (bottom left) and six Pepper 'Hot Hungarian Wax' on the right.
Stevia planted into the cosy Tempest soil less medium.
Hot peppers!
Hopefully these babies will produce so I can pickle some peppers.
This is the method I use for starting seeds and then transferring them into the window farms. So far I have had success. I wonder if anyone has had any luck starting seeds directly in the hydroton?

No comments:

Post a Comment